Thursday 3 March 2016

Shoot 3 - Work Record

For this shot I plan to photograph the way in which food colouring dilutes in water. I plan to use different colours in order to show off how different coloured for dyes dilute in water and how they create different patterns as they dilute in water. I think that this could be a very good shoot as I will be able to create a series of images that can be position next to each other to clearly show the passing of time. I hope that in this shot I will be able to set up the studio on my own and get the lighting right to be able to photograph the patterns in the perfect way. I also hope that I am able to capture all of the dilution and the patterns that the food dye creates when it is dropped in to the water.


In the images above the dilution worked very well as you can see how time has passed during the process of dilution throughout the photographs. I like that I was able to capture the images and put them into a sequence in order to show how time has passed. I think that these work well shown as a sequence and this highlights the fact that time has passed between the taking of these photos. 


This image didn't work as well as I thought it would. The yellow food dye didn't dilute that well and there for it didn't created the kind of pattern that I was looking for as the food dye settled at the bottom of the jar and didn't dilute in the water. As the food dye didn't dilute it didn't work well and therefore I couldn't use this in my straight images. 

Progression

In my next shoot I will check the focus of my camera before taking the images and checking that all the props work well. I would also check the set up and make sure that I allowed myself more room in my set up in order to work better. If I was to redo this particular shoot I would attempt it with just my camera flash as I feel that the lights didn't help the yellow or orange when they were diluting. For the next shoot I would like to drop the dye in to water again and in milk to try and capture the actual drop of the food dye rather than the pattern of dilution in the substance.





No comments:

Post a Comment