Wednesday 16 March 2016

Shoot 7 - Work Record

After the success of my previous shoots, I decided to shoot the lights on the back of the cars to capture the movement of the car. I think that this will link well to the theme of the passing of time because of the speed that the cars will be driving at as I plan to shoot on my local high street and then on a motorway bridge. I think that this fits well with the theme of light traces and with these lights I will be able to capture multiple different light traces. I hope that I will be able to capture the clear lines of the lights and make sure that they all blend together and I also hope that the lights will be clear enough to be able to see the line of the car. I think I could stubble to get the right exposure time however this should be easy to fix. 


I like this image because there were blue lights going done one side of the motorway and lorry with lots of lights coming the other way meaning that I was able to capture both these different coloured lights in the traffic making them stand out and capture the attention of the person looking at the photograph. I feel that the different colours will spark interest in the persons mind as they try to work out why they are. I I like that the contrast between the two sides of the road are clear and highlights the fact that it is a busy motorway and the traffic isn't right next to each other.


In this image a car went down the road next to where I had placed my camera in front of at  his indication and movement created a different pattern that stands out in the picture and the orange in the picture makes a change because it stands out with the red and orange lights. I think this image works well because you can still see the road and the shops around the lights and the lights look like a high speed car has driven straight through the photograph. I think that I was able to achieve everything that I wanted to with the shoot and therefore I would consider this a success because I was able to capture the image however I did edit the photographs in photoshop in order to enhance the colours in the image and to darken the background to make the lines stand out more. 

Progression 

I have looked in detail at light traces having done 3 shoots on it now however I would like to look at something different in my next shoots. I plan to photograph clocks next and literally show the passing of time. I feel that with this shoot I will be able to do some very clever editing techniques in order to make the shoot stand out . I feel that this would progress well from this shoot because of the editing involved in this shoot and therefore to continue with editing techniques makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment