Wednesday 16 March 2016

Connecting Essay 5

In the photograph below Darren Beale has capture the movement of the cars clearly. He has also used long exposure in order to show the passing of time and the light traces shows the movement of the car again to show the passing of time.  Darren has positioned his camera over the side of the motorway that is driving away from hime so that this is the main focus of the photograph however you can see light traces of the cars driving towards him as well and therefore it means that the person can tell the type of road that the photograph is being taken on and it also adds to the passing of time shown in the photograph. 


In my photograph I positioned myself in the middle of the bridge in order to show off both sides of the motorway an create clear light traces. I positioned myself there in order to get a clear image of both sides of the motorway. I also used the longest exposure time, 30 seconds, on my camera in order to capture as many light traces as I could. I used photoshop in order to enhance the light traces and make them brighter than they originally were and to make them stand out and highlight the passing of time within the photograph.


Both images use the long exposure and the car headlights in order to show off the passing of time. Both the images show the passing of time through the lines created by the head and rear lights of the car. The photographs have both been edited in order to brighten the traces and show off the movement of the cars. Both photographs a very dark as the photographs had to be taken at might in order to capture the light created by the car and this creates contrast between the light and the dark within the photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment