Tuesday 15 March 2016

Shoot 6 - Work Record

Considering how well the last shoot went I have planned to recreate this shoot outside using sparklers. I want to use sparklers because of the easy pattens that you can create with them but also because of sparks that will be flying off of the sparklers. I also wanted to  do a shot outside as I feel that it feels more natural that will show off the sparklers better. I feel like this is a natural progression from my last shot and I feel that if this works well I will continue with the light trace theme however if they don't I will have to look into choosing a new path. From the shoot I hope to achieve some good images that really highlight the passing of time and the detail of the sparkler as it goes around the person. I also hope to be able to play around with the camera settings in order to find the perfect camera settings. 


I like this image because it is extremely simple and therefore means that focus remains on the movement of the sparklers and the passing of time rather than anything else. I think that it is good that you can't see the models face because I feel that this means that it doesn't matter who is in the photograph as it is the wings that are the important part. I also think that the fact the wings are there twice means that the idea of the passing between the drawing of one set and the drawing of the second set. 


I also think that this shows off the passing of time and you can see that the circles have been draw and the direction changes in the middle. I also like this image because you can't see the person drawing the circles. I also think that this shows the passing of time because of all the different sparks flying off in different directions. I think that this shows the passing of time because it makes you think of the time that it has taken to draw out the circles. 

Progression 

For my next shoot I will photograph the lights of cars to show the passing of time. I feel that this will link well with the last two shoots and will also give a real life everyday example to the passing of time. I feel like now that I have done too shoots similar to this I will be able to photograph the movement of cars with minimal issues as I know the camera settings that it should be on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment