Tuesday 23 February 2016

Shoot 1 - Work Record

For this shoot I will practise different techniques that could be useful throughout my project and therefore could influence the way in which I choose to take my project.  I have chosen to start out with simple movements so that I am able to work on the techniques and make sure that this is going to work before I launch into bigger more complex shoots. By the end of the shoot I hope to have created some good images that show off the techniques that I have learnt and I hope to know exactly what I am doing before going into my next shoot so that I can capture the right images. 

During the shoot I was able to capture some very clear images. I feel that it was a good idea to complete this shoot as I feel that if I hadn't done this shoot I would struggle when trying to do it in the next shoot. I feel that even though I was using this shoot as a test shoot it worked well as I was able to create some very good images considering that I was learning about the camera settings.

Below is one photo from the shoot that I like

I think this photograph really shows the passing of time well as you can see the movement of the girl as time goes past. I like that you can clearly see all of her movements within the photograph and you can clearly see that time is passing during the photograph. I really liked the use of slow sync in the photograph which involved me flashing the light throughout the long exposure shot of the photograph. 

Below is a picture from the shoot that I don't like


This photograph is over exposed because I was trying to photograph it using the natural light but after taking this photograph I realised I would need to use the studio lights in order  to make the whole photograph clearer and mean that you can see the people in the photographs. 

Progression 

I would like to do another shoot using these techniques. I would like to use these techniques on more interesting things like dancers and sports players to really help show the passing of time.  I would also like to create more of the gifs that I have created from this shoot and therefore means that I can portray the passing of time through moving pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment