Tuesday 2 February 2016

Discussion - Passing of Time

Discussion - Passing of Time 

When I first looked at the topic I automatically thought about taking the topic literally and taking photographs of clocks ticking at what people were doing at these certain points do the day. However once I looked into the topic further I found that there were many different ways in which I could show off the passing of time. My first idea was t show it through a sequence of images that would all be positioned next to each other however I then realised I could lay them next to each other to show the passing of time. This is still my idea but I also want to do it with long exposure to show off all the movements in one image. Over the next few weeks I will aim to find a part of the topic to focus my project on that i enjoy photographing and can explore further. 


This image show the passing of time through long exposure, this is one way in which I could develop the topic as I could take photographs of multiple different objects and people using long exposure in order to show the passing of time.I think London would be the best place to show the passing of time as it is very busy in London and therefore it means that there would be lots of people to take long exposure of such as coming out of a train station. 


This image uses sequence shooting in order to show the passing. I believe that is a good way of showing the passing of time over a month or so. I  would have to shoot this gradually and therefore this would be a very detailed shoot and therefore it could work as it show that time has passed and shows all the stages of the process and this gives a clear idea of time passing.


This idea is to show 2 people of different ages doing exactly the same thing in the same location. This shows the passing of an extended period of time as they images give the idea  that the older person and younger person are the same person and therefore this shows that time has passed between these two images. 

The images above show some of the topics I am considering looking at. These topics show the passing of time in different ways and this have given me the ideas to explore the topic in different ways. These have also shown me that the passing of time can be shown in many  different ways not just through photographic clocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment